The Heart Mountain Wyoming Foundation takes the safety of our members and visitors seriously. To that end, we are making some operational changes in response to the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus:
- Heart Mountain Interpretive Center is currently CLOSED to the public until Friday, April 17. At that time, we will assess the situation and decide whether to reopen.
- The hospital grounds, memorial and honor roll, and Setsuko Saito Higuchi Interpretive Trail remain open for self-guided explanation. Our staff will also be offering guided tours of the grounds, by appointment only, on a limited basis. Call the interpretive center for more information. (307-754-8000)
- All events and programs at the center for the next eight weeks have been canceled, including our May 2 Children’s Day event. We are offering an array of online programs and content over the next few weeks. Click here to explore our online programming.
- General registration for the Heart Mountain Pilgrimage in July is open at this time. Please review our cancelation policies before registering. If circumstances force us to cancel the Pilgrimage, all registrants will receive a full refund.
- We will continue to provide updates on this summer’s events, including the Pilgrimage and our NEH teacher workshops, in the coming weeks. For the latest information, follow Heart Mountain on Facebook and Twitter.
- Please refer to the COVID-19 page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest updates on the pandemic and guidance on dealing with this physically, psychologically, and logistically.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate these uncertain times. If you have questions, please reach out to us. If you would like to support our work during this difficult period, please consider becoming a member or making a donation or a purchase from our online store.